We at Family & Children’s Agency (FCA) understand the concern over the spread of COVID-19 throughout the country and here in our own backyard. The health and wellbeing of our clients, volunteers, and staff is our highest priority. I’d like to take this opportunity to reassure the community that FCA is doing everything we can to mitigate the risks and keep our staff, volunteers, and the children, families, adults, and seniors we serve safe and healthy. We are adhering to social distancing guidelines by limiting the number of staff, volunteers, and clients for meetings, gatherings and events as well as postponing or cancelling where necessary.
In addition to increasing the stringent cleaning and sanitizing of our facilities, we have reviewed our emergency operation plan and are educating staff about ways to reduce the risk to themselves and others.
Some ways you can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 include:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Stay home if you are sick – clients can call FCA to cancel appointments or home visits, and employees should contact their supervisor
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
• Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
Currently, our programs remain open and operational with modifications to incorporate social distancing for the safety and wellbeing of our staff and clients. Our ASPIRE afterschool program follows the Norwalk Public School schedule and as such will be closed for the next two weeks. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and will provide updates as necessary.
For more information about COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
-Robert F. Cashel, FCA President & CEO