This year, thanks to the incredible support from compassionate and caring people like you, critical services were delivered to thousands of children, families, adults, and seniors through Family & Children’s Agency (FCA).
2021 was clearly an unusual and challenging year. In order to continue providing uninterrupted services to our clients who began to face surmounting challenges when the pandemic hit, the Agency adjusted our operations to a remote model. But even with all of the necessary pivoting this year, we have seen many accomplishments here at FCA.
In 2021 we:
• Supported clients facing food insecurity through your generous donations to our Client Support Fund and by partnering with area organizations and restaurants to provide cooked meals, grocery gift cards, and food boxes to those at risk of going hungry during these difficult times.
• Began an internship program for high school students who worked with our middle school ASPIRE summer program to teach them workplace norms and give them job experience.
• Led the effort in Fairfield County to create a comprehensive system of care for youth experiencing homelessness.
• Launched a virtual screening tool so parents are able to assess their child’s development while in-person screenings were not safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Became the new Municipal Agent for the Elderly in Norwalk, partnering with the City to engage elderly residents and link them to the services and activities that promote their health, well-being, and independence.
• Expanded our Community Health and Crisis Counseling programs to begin addressing the increasing health disparities in our community.
• Educated the community about COVID-19 and partnered with the Norwalk Health Department to offer vaccine clinics on-site at FCA.
In the coming year, we look forward to:
• Continuing to focus on our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion by maintaining a culture that supports and values clients, employees, and volunteers of diverse backgrounds.
• Supporting our community through the continuing COVID-19 pandemic with crisis counseling, case management, and vaccine clinics.
• Meeting the increased mental health care needs in the community.
• Celebrating the Agency’s 80th anniversary – follow us on social media to learn more!
Thank you for all you do to support our work and our community. We wish you all the best in the new year.