Anyone who has ever considered adopting a child has a lot of questions on their mind:
- Is adoption right for me?
- Where will my child come from?
- What age child should we consider–infant, toddler, preschooler, older?
- Will he/she be healthy?
- How will our family dynamics change?
- How does the whole adoption process work?
- How long will it take to find a child that I can love and cherish?
…we have answers!
- Our experience in providing adoption services
- Domestic adoption, including legal considerations for both local
and out-of-state adoptions
- International adoptions
- Possible fees involved in adopting
- How to complete the confidential application
- The home study process
- How Family & Children’s Agency supports you throughout the entire adoption process
The decision to adopt is a special one – we know what an exciting time this is for you and your family. The next step is thinking about where your child will come from and what agency you will trust to walk you through this amazing journey to parenthood.
Family & Children’s Agency walks our prospective parents through the process, guiding them every step of the way, until you bring your child home.
Full Service Adoption Agency
Family & Children’s Agency is a full service adoption agency. Our services include:
- Pre-adoptive information
- Preparation of your home study
- Domestic and International Adoption Placement Programs
- Post Adoption support to families
- Services for birth mothers, provided by specialized counselors.
Professional Staff – A Personal Experience
The Adoption staff consists of a director, three program coordinators, six clinicians who hold Masters Degrees, and three administrative assistants. They are well grounded in adoption services, some with more than 25 years experience helping unite children with loving families.
Several staff members also have a more personal experience with adoption, either as adoptive parents or as adoptees. They understand the deep emotional dimensions of the journey your family will be undertaking.
Part of a Larger Human Service Agency
Since the Adoption Program is part of a larger family service Agency, our commitment to helping families continues throughout the life cycle of the adoptive family.
The Adoption Program is part of Family & Children’s Agency, which is a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) human service agency. The Agency was established in 1942 and is located in Norwalk, CT.
Annually, the Agency meets the needs of more than 10,000 individuals–including children & families, youth, adults, and seniors.
For More Information
For more information about the Adoption process, please contact us at one of the following offices.
9 Mott Avenue, 4th Floor
Norwalk, CT 06850
Phone: (203) 855-8765
Toll-Free: (800) 676-4066
151 New Park Avenue
Hartford, CT 06106
Phone: (860) 586-2365
Toll-Free: (866) 858-3137
|Harrison, NY Office
600 Mamaroneck Avenue
Harrison, NY 10528
Phone: (914) 834-5806